Prepare to relax - 5 Tips to make the most out of your retreat
Whether you’ve made your reservation and started daydreaming about your retreat experience, or perhaps you have Gwinganna on your wish list for 2024, the key to a rejuvenating stay is to approach it with an open mind and commitment to self care.
These 5 tips will help you prepare for your retreat and maximise the benefits of your stay.
1. Reduce caffeine and transition with herbal teas. Start your journey to wellness by gradually reducing your caffeine intake. Replace your regular coffee or black tea with caffeine free herbal teas. Chamomile, peppermint and ginger are excellent choices as they not only help ease the caffeine withdrawal symptoms, they also support the digestive system- perfect for the start of your retreat experience.
Please note 2, 3 and 4 night stays offer coffee and tea up to morning tea
2. Reduce alcohol leading up the retreat – this will help you feel more refreshed and mentally clear plus this supports your liver to work optimally. Try sparkling water with a twist of lime or coconut water with berries and mint for extra hydration.
3. Digital detox – in the weeks prior to your retreat experience, advise family and work that you will be on retreat so you are able to completely switch off your phone during your stay. Research has shown that as little as 25 minutes of screen time impacts melatonin. Allow your mind to step away from the digital world and rest
4. Hydration - hydration is fundamental for detoxification and supporting elimination, maintaining energy levels and all other systems in the body. Be mindful of consuming enough water but also not to over consume. Ensure urine is a pale straw colour. Any darker, indicates dehydration and any lighter, the system is over hydrated.
5. Engage with our Retreat staff. Our retreat team can provide recommendations for specific pre-retreat preparation and their expertise can offer you valuable insights and tips to get the most out of your stay.
A tranquil place to breathe.
“Gwinganna is definitely the perfect place to unwind and reset from a busy lifestyle. It offers opportunity to do nothing or do everything in a tranquil and unspoilt parcel of land with the most delicious, nutritious and beautiful food. The staff are wonderful, organised and down to earth, fun and helpful. It's truly offers a unique pause.”
jws692023 Sept 2023