Delight your taste buds and nourish your body with our signature walnut crusted fish.
This guest-favourite is high in protein, low in fat and contains plenty of nutrients required for healthy body and brain function.
Containing omega 3 essential fats (the good fats), this dish is also great for promoting healthy skin and protecting the liver against bad fats.
Walnut Crusted Fish Recipe
Vegetarian option: Use crust on eggplant
1 x cup walnuts
1 x clove garlic, chopped
1 x red chilli
1 x bunch coriander, roughly chopped
1/2 x tsp sea salt
1/3 x cup extra virgin olive oil
600g x white fish fillets of your choice (approx 150g per person)
1/2 x cup hulled tahini
1/2 x cup lemon juice (hand-squeezed)
1 x Pinch sumac
1 x Pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. To make the crust, first combine and process the walnuts, garlic, chilli, coriander and salt in a food processor.
2. Drizzle in oil until mixture comes together.
Remove and place into a bowl.
Set aside to use on top of fish later.
3. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Add more water if needed. Set aside until ready to use.
4. To assemble, place walnut crust mix on top of each fish fillet (crust should be approx 3/4 cm thick).
Bake in a moderate oven 170 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, spoon some of the tahini dressing over the fish and return to the oven for 2 minutes or until fish is cooked.
5. Serve with carrot and kale salad with tahini dressing on the side, a wedge of lemon and a sprig of coriander.
If you love the look of this recipe, you’ll find plenty more inspiring Gwinganna recipes in ‘A taste of Gwinganna’.